im still losing my shit over this taylor swift jet take. the argument against the individualization of climate responsibility is that normal people shouldn't guilt themselves for like, going on a road trip in their car, which is individually a drop in the bucket.
tswift's jet emissions from 2022 are about on par with the Republic of Vanuatu's. one american celebrity uses as much carbon as an entire Pacific island nation.
I'm not the only one who's getting bad vibes over this thing, right? the dismissive way the institutions are treating it? it feels a lot like they handled early COVID, crossed with how they treated HIV.
And it affects children, much worse than COVID in this regard. While being sold as a gay plague. In the time period where groomer discourse. Please let my cassandra powers be wrong for once.
Anyway goverments are a fuck, we are gay we should know better. What do we know about monkeypox so far and what can sluts like me do to avoid killing people?
- Try to convince your DST/PrEP people to give you a vaccine. If you're promiscuous and don't have PrEP yet, now seems like a great time to arrange for that. Then pressure them for a vaccine.
- the vaccine is optimal for prevention but also works post-exposure, if you suspect contact go run after one asap.
- Condoms help but aren't enough for this one. It's still unclear why the majority cases are MLM (reminder that the cistem will often lump transfeminine folk in this category); it could be it transmits more easily on oral/anal sex than other skin contact (anal bottoms are more likely to be symptomatic¹), or just compound effects from promiscuous group settings. But there's plenty of reports also of cis women and cishet men being rejected even from testing even when they are symptomatic and insist on it—we've been there before. Maybe it's a combination of all three factors. In any case we should, sigh, cut down on group scenes (sexual or not, including clubbing) and promiscuity, particularly genital play, until more data comes up.
- In particular keep in mind it's mutated, it's not the regular monkeypox that's been around for ages. Symptoms are different, and there's people were tested via contact tracing who had very few symptoms and wouldn't even have noticed without it.² Be on the lookout for:
* swollen penis
* literal pain in the butt
* throat pain, swollen lymph nodes, difficulty swallowing
* one (1) single sore/rash/blister, rather than the more dramatic busts of a conventional pox.
* muscle pain, general flulike symptoms
* subtle presentation without all the symptoms
- from the novel symptoms it seems likely that symptoms are localised when transmitted sexually.
- If you're going to have sex/cuddle/wrestle with people from your affinity group, maybe tune up the theatrics for full-clothes-on play. USA CDC agrees with this one, reducing skin contact seems worthwhile. fwiw here's a reminder that black nitrile gloves all of look hot, smoothen play, soften nail edges, facilitate cleanup, and lower transmission of stuff like this.
- don't treat it lightly!! some people are having subtle symptoms but others do show the painful scarring lesions, many need hospitalisation, and the death rate is way too high!
- immunocompromised people seem more vulnerable to severe symptoms. also if you have eczema or other skin conditions, you're likely more vulnerable to contagion (I would be careful also of microlesions and complications from full-body razor shaving).
- symptomatic patients contaminate surfaces, especially in contact with the lesion(s), and the virus stays on them for a long time. it's unclear if this is enough for transmission; if so the risk is higher on touching the surfaces on skin lesions and mucosae. the virus is vulnerable to regular disinfection and light (but not to dryness). regular laundry is sufficient, but you want as much laundry isolation as possible if someone is infected. even without a suspicion, it's a good idea to avoid sharing towels and bedsheets etc.
- if you suspect you have it, avoid contact also with other animals, it transmits to nonhumans.
Tyre Extinguishers come to the US and let the air out of SUVs. The reporters says their method involves stuffing lentils into the tire valve and then putting the cap back on, which lets the air out slowly. The group doesn't target vehicles with disability signs or people who work in health care.
"why is there so much abusive behavior in leftist circles?"
well, maybe it's because, when someone does some straight-up sexual harassment, the kind that would get you fired from a corporation or hit with a protective order, your org's first instinct is
to **call a fucking meeting about it!**
and argue for hours over what the correct response might be!
I wanna rant about lifted pickup trucks, there are so many here. the cargo bed has no hydraulic dumping/loading system and always stays level so it isn't very useful for transporting loading/unloading material, while at the same time you have to be in good shape to even fucking get inside of it. Nobody even uses pickups for transporting materials anyways outside of contract workers (who obviously don't lift it and if anything lower it). Basically no cars have ramps or are even convertable to allow wheelchair access when they are a huge van/SUV even though that is an obvious design possibility enabled by having a larger vehicle. Fucking dutch microcars can come with ramps and in the US I see vans with fucking cranes and lifting systems for the elderly and wheelchair users and shit it is so ridiculous and requires someone to assist anyways. They are *too big* and *too tall* and just cause cascading accessibility problems.
No, these things aren't for accessibility, you hear advocacy around cars for accessibility from the people this car-centric ideology has encircled and threatened and most deeply controlled who cannot see an escape. The soccer mom with multiple kids who is expected to be their personal gasoline valet from birth until driver's license and the status-wielding car owners who flaunt wealth or manliness with their automobile on a work commute full of debt-sink spaghetti interchanges that bankrupt their city. People who forgot how Newton's laws work and think bigger cars are safer and provide more protection (from the other huge cars) as a protection racket of momentum.
If cars are so accessible:
1. Where can I hop in one and use it now?
2. Where are the accessible ones which can be used without a hand, arm, leg, or from a wheelchair without assistance?
3. Why do they kill so many fucking people during the regular course of operation???